Development and construction of a 122 room hotel in the Historic Congaree River Vista. The project won a design award for New Construction in a Historic context, from the Columbia Historic Foundation. This is a five story building designed to look like three, so that it scales properly with is surroundings. The hotel is rear loaded to maintain pedestrian orientation along the Gervais Street Sidewalk.
- Completion Date: March 2001
- Capital Investment: $8 million
- Architect: Bounds & Gillespie Architects; Memphis, TN
- General Contrator: Pride Construction; Memphis, TN
- Lender: South Trust; Charlotte, NC